Well, it's easy! All you do is purchase the Starter Kit! This only costs $189 and is valued at $375.
You'll get to pick the products you get in your kit - and you can choose items up to the value of $285. The kit automatically comes with all the business stationery and supplies (worth $90) you'll need to set up a business.
Once you've bought your kit you will have Active Demonstrator status which entitles you to:
- A massive 30% discount on your first order if you spend $350 or more in the first 45 days of becoming a demonstrator
- 20% discount on the rest of your orders
- Access to the demonstrator website with all its fantastic resources
- Opportunities to earn free stamp sets and cash awards
- Previews of new products and catalogues
- The opportunity to attend monthly, quarterly and regional training events
- Invitations to demonstrator-only promotions and events - including the annual convention (held in Brisbane, Australia in 2013!)
- The opportunity to earn luxury, all-expenses-paid trips
People join Stampin' Up for many different reasons. What kind of demonstrator would you be?
- Discount demonstrator: Buys discounted stamps and supplies for personal use and occasionally sells to family and friends.
- Short-term demonstrator: Works to earn a specific amount of money and stops when the goal is reached.
- Hobby demonstrator: Enjoys running workshops and classes and earning extra money when it's convenient; works a lot some months and very little or not at all at other times.
- Stay-at-home mum demonstrator: Runs her business around her family commitments, doing workshops a few nights a month to make extra money.
- Career demonstrator: Views Stampin' Up as a viable business with long-term career potential; is ambitious to move up the career ladder and works consistently at her business.
For more information regarding Stampin' Up! please email me here for a FREE Information Pack. I'd love you to join my team!
Frequently Asked Questions about being a demonstrator
Q. Is there a minimum I have to maintain in sales?
A. To remain active as a demonstrator you need to maintain commissionable sales of $450+gst per quarter (every 3 months). If you sign up as a hobby demonstrator, this could easily be maintained by making occasional sales to your stampin’ friends in addition to your own purchases. Otherwise, you should find that one or two workshops per quarter will keep you actively maintaining your sales quota.
Q. Do I have to do workshops?
A. Only if you want to! The choice is absolutely yours. If you never want to present a workshop, then you never have to, but if you would like to do workshops, then it’s entirely up to you to fit them in around your personal schedule.
Q. How can I earn money?
A. You earn an immediate 20% (net price) on all of your sales and in any given month, you can earn up to an additional 12% depending on your level of sales in that month. If you choose to build a team of your own by sharing the Stampin’ Up! opportunity with others, you can also earn what is called a ‘downline override’ which the company pays to you, based on the sales of your recruits 5 levels down.
Q. Do I have to keep products ‘in stock’?
A. No, you will place orders that are paid for in advance by your customers so you won’t need to keep an inventory.
Q. Do I get any training?
A. As your upline, I am here to help you, in any capacity that you require on your stampin’ journey and am always just a phone call or email away. I hold 4-6 weekly training meetings, unless my immediate upline or Stampin' Up! has arranged training (so normally 2/3 months something just for our team).
Stampin’ Up! also provides a variety of valuable resources, including the demonstrator website, Demonstrator Support agents, the monthly Impressions magazine, demonstrator events including the yearly convention and regional training seminars, demonstrator manual and product guide, plus a series of ‘Ready-Set-Start’ email newsletters designed especially for demonstrators just starting out.
Q. What are the start up costs?
A. The Starter Kit costs $189 but is valued at $375 worth of Stampin' Supplies (all business supplies that are included are provided free, should you choose to "get started").
Q. What if I decide it’s not for me after I’ve signed up?
A. Then you simply stop placing orders. There are no penalties or requirements to pay anything back if you decide not to continue at any point after having signed up as a demonstrator. If you don’t meet your sales requirements for any given quarter, after giving you a chance to make it up if you’d like to, Stampin’ Up! will just ‘drop’ you and you go on your merry way!
Q.What do I receive in my Starter Kit?
A. When a new demonstrator joins Stampin' Up!, you can choose up to $285 worth of any of the Stampin’ Up! products in the current catalogues! You'll also receive a business supplies pack (valued at $90) to create a kit with a total value of $375, that still ships for FREE!
You'll find I'm always supportive of the way you choose to be a demonstrator and will never pressurise you into doing anything you don't want to do. I take my role as your upline, seriously and, whether you've joined to pursue your hobby or to develop a thriving business, I'm always on the end of a phone or computer to give advice and help.
If you'd like to find out more or have any questions, just drop me an email, or give me a call at home: (09) 416 7476 or mobile: 021 2606680
Looking forward to hearing from you soon!