17 December, 2012

Happy Birthday Nicole


My baby is growing up! My oldest daughter Nicole turns 19 years old today and I thought I might have needed some "virtual" hugs to get me through the day - but that hasn't been the case.  I'm sure that I say it every year, but I really don't know where that time has gone. It feels like yesterday, that she was just a baby in my arms. She has grown into a beautiful, kind and considerate young lady, who we are all very proud of. Wishing you all the very best for a wonderful birthday and an amazing year ahead Nicole. Big hugs and lots of love to you!

I made a Pop Up Birthday Cake card this year.  I got the tutorial from Lisa Young who is a demo in the States.  She has some great tutorials on her blog if you want to pop over to have a look. 

I'm not that happy with the front of the card, but I couldn't think of anything else to do and as usual, time was of the essence. And, it wasn't until I finished that I realised I've used identical colours as Nicole's 18th birthday card. Oh well, I didn't hear any complaints from DD19. 


And, here's the inside:


Stamp set: Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Bring on the Cake
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Pool Party, 
Designer Paper: Comfort Cafe
Ink: Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze, Black Staz On
Accessories: Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Silver Glimmer Paper, Blender Pen. 

I'm feeling a bit worn out and very tired. How are you all faring? I can't wait until after work on Friday, when I start my leave. I'm only off work for two weeks, but am really looking forward to the break. That's the thing I miss the most about my previous job, (other than the people, of course) is the 12 weeks holiday a year.  Now I get 25 days annual leave which is a considerable difference. This will be the longest break I've had since starting, over 6 months ago, so it's no wonder I feel a bit jaded.

I hope to see you back here real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie