20 May, 2011

Delectable Sweet Treats

I held a Sweet Treats class a while back and the ladies who attended had a choice for their second card; to make either the magnifying glass card or the mini M&M's card which uses the Something Sweet stamp set. This set is very versatile and costs $42.95 (clear mount) for 14 stamps and the Sweet Treat cups are $7.95 for 12. Contact me HERE if you want to learn how to make one of these cute cards.

For the magnifying glass card, we used the retired Level one hostess set Organic Grace.  I saw a similar idea on someone's blog quite a while ago (sorry, I don't remember who).  I sponged the sky background using a template that I made by using a piece of acetate and cutting scallop shapes randomly around the edges.  Then when I sponged, I moved the template around so the clouds were positioned haphazardly to make it more sky-like.  Here's the butterfly seen through the magnifying glass...



And, here's the mini M&M sweets card.  The little faux M&M's that are scattered at the bottom of the card have been made by punching out coloured cardstock, writing an M on them with a white gel pen and finally, covering them completely with crystal effects to give it a shiny raised effect.  The wonderfully talented Sally from our team, gave me the idea on how to do this and it looks really effective, almost as good as the real thing but nowhere near as tasty, lol.


2 comments:

  1. Great cards as always Debbie! Love your idea about the acetate template!! Why didn't I think of that? I sponge skies on a regular basis, hahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever Debbie. You always have such good ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie