05 June, 2012

Artistic Etchings Faux Patina Technique

Just a quick post today as I've got lots of study to catch up on. I started my new job last Monday and then felt unwell from Tuesday night until Sunday, so have really fallen behind. Yay, for the long weekend though so at least I had a bit of a chance to catch up. 


This was the second card we made at the Faux Patina technique class a week or two ago and it was inspired from the talented Claire Daly. 




Stamp set: Artistic Etchings
Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla
Designer Paper: Subtles Collection Pattern Paper Stack
Ink: Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon, Antique Brad, 
Tools: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Designer Frames Embossing Folder.


This is a very cool technique and it is easy peasy to do. You can make so many different colour combinations, you just have to experiment. I got my info from Angie Leach and you can check out her blog HERE. Angie used the Versamark pad for her final stage, but I chose to use the Versamark pen so I could be more specific about where the gold embossing went.  I'm a little bit fussy like that :-) I would love to see  what you make, if you decide to give it a go.  


Enjoy the rest of your week my lovelies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie