27 September, 2012

Bright Blossoms

I made this card for a lovely colleague from my job at the primary school where I use to work. Lee Lee has worked there for over 20 years and is semi-retiring. I was fortunate enough to be able to sneak away from work today and attend her special morning tea. It was great catching up with lots of familiar faces and it seemed a lifetime ago that I worked there. How quickly we adapt to the changes in our life. Wishing you all the best for your 'semi' retirement Lee Lee. 


Stamp Set: Bright Blossoms, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Whisper White
Ink: Midnight Muse, Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze, Gumball Green Stampin' Markers
Accessories: Calypso Coral Bakers Twine, Basic Pearls 
Tools: Big Shot, Adorning Accents Folder, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack. 

I'm off to Christchurch tomorrow for the night, which will be tinged with trepidation. I was born in Christchurch and lived there until the grand age of 9 years old. I visited friends and family a lot when I was a teenager and then later on, when I joined the Airforce, so it holds many fond memories for me. Although I've been back a few times since the earthquakes, I haven't ventured any further than the airport, which is still all intact and shows no signs of the devastation. I imagine that it's not going to be pleasant, but is something that I need to do. 

Have a GREAT Friday and I'll be back soon!!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet wee card Debbie. Hope your trip to Christchurch is not too unpleasant for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute card Debbie, I must put this set to use

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie