19 January, 2010

Elegant Birthday Card

Usually when I make a card I have someone specifically in mind ~ but today I was inspired by Dawn when I was blog hopping to make this with nobody in mind.  I have got another spate of birthdays coming up starting on the 23 January, so I'm sure to use it. I've changed my card a bit and used the Always in Bloom wheel stamped in mellow moss. The ribbon is mellow moss taffeta and the cardstock is Very Vanilla. The message is from the Sincere Salutations stamp set punched out with the oval punch and the scallop oval, which we are so lucky to still have available to us. Without a word of a lie, this card took less than 10 minutes to make. I wouldn't have been able to drive to a bookshop to buy a card in that time. And, that is just another reason why I make my own.




2 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie, I really like this! Love the colours you have used and the wheel! Going to have to get that one, lol. This would be a great card to do in a workshop. Mind if I case it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to ask to case it Paula, I'm just flattered that you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie