10 March, 2013

Clockworks Notecards

Have you got any half finished cards and projects lying around in your craft space that you have great intentions of finishing one day? Well, I've got quite a few... and over the last few days I've gotten around to finishing some. That's a great achievement for me, because I can tend to have the attitude of "out with the old and in with the new" and they end up in the bin. 

These little note cards which are housed in a cute vellum envelope were one of the projects we did at our Stampin' Up! Heartfelt event in September last year. Isn't it so sweet! I love the colours and think the whole little pack is adorable. It sure would make a lovely door prize or hostess gift, don't you think? There is a FREE mini tutorial for the vellum envelope that all the note cards fit in at the end of this post, so I hope you get around to making one yourself. However, you will need the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and the Diagonal Plate. 


Sorry about the quality of  the photo below - but I've taken it a few times and it keeps coming out as though it's blurry. It must be the vellum. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Stamp Set: Clockworks, One in a Million
Card Stock: Whisper White
Ink: Basic Grey, Pool Party, Gumbo Green, Calypso Coral, More Mustard
Accessories: Calypso Coral Baker's Twine, Rhinestone Basic Jewel, 
Tools: Simply Scored, Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, 1" Circle Punch, 2mm Circle Punch

ENVELOPE DIRECTIONS FOR NOTE CARDS HOLDER:


  1. Begin with a 7-¼" Square piece of Vellum card stock.
  2. With the Diagonal Plate in place on the Simply Scored Scoring Board, score two opposite sides of the square @ 2-7/8″. 
  3. Score the other two opposite sides @ 3-7/8″.
  4. Using a square punch, snip out the small triangular area where the score lines cross or intersect. 
  5. Fold on the score lines and crease firmly with your bone folder.  Fasten three sides together with snail adhesive, leaving the third side open.  You can trim the bottom flap before adhering if desired.
I've just spent the last wee while in Christchurch where it was a bit cooler than in Auckland. Not cold, but not really warm either. I have to remember that we're in Autumn now, so this is to be expected. I'm not looking forward to the colder temperatures - I'd much prefer sunshine and warmth all year around. I hope you're enjoying your weekend and I'll see you all back here soon!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really enjoy reading them. Regards, Debbie